Sleeps 6 guests in 4 bedrooms. Ideal cottage for family groups, or more space for couples. 1 king with en-suite toilet, 1 double bedroom, 2 bedrooms with single beds, 2 further bathrooms. Lovely views over the valley with enclosed garden. Free wifi. Cot and highchair on request. 2 dogs welcome.
What Our Guests Say About Willows
We so enjoyed our stay at Dittiscombe. What a wonderful place to live. We especially liked taking our picnic breakfast of bacon butties and coffee up to the playing area one morning; the views were wonderful. The cottage was so well appointed – we couldn’t have asked for more.
What a gorgeous place, we are so pleased we found it! Ideal for dogs and also for families with children, who will adore exploring the private valley. The AONB is a hidden gem. Our hosts could not have been more welcoming, many thanks.
Back to visit in the Spring. Such a fantastic place, so much to see on our numerous walks around the fields and woods. Thank you for another lovely week. Bryher is exhausted!
Fantastic cottage, just right for 4 adults and 2 children. Lovely and warm, great facilities and brilliant if you are bringing a dog! Lots of nice little touches, such as tea, coffee and biscuits waiting for us on arrival, dvd’s for the children to watch and some dog friendly blankets for your pampered pooches. Would definitely recommend.
Willows cottage faces south overlooking Dittiscombe valley and is dog and family friendly. The open plan sitting room is furnished with a digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player, 2 sofas, a chair, coffee tables, wall lighting, books and shelving, convector and storage heaters. There is wood vinyl flooring throughout.
The fully-equipped kitchen and dining area has a ceramic hob, microwave, electric oven, coffee maker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and storage heater. The downstairs bathroom has a walk-in shower, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Upstairs the master bedroom overlooks the valley with a king-size bed and an en-suite toilet with basin. Next door there is a single bedroom. At the rear of the cottage there is one double room and one single room. There are a few steps with a hand-rail which lead down to a further bathroom with a bath with mixer taps and shower head, small heated towel rail and electric fan heater. There is night storage heating in all bedrooms.
The garden looks out over a wild flower bank, Dittiscombe Hills and woodland. From the cottage gate you can access the lovely walk around the valley, ponds and woods. Willows garden is enclosed with post and rail and stock proof wire fencing. There is a gravel area and picnic table, stone walls, and shrub and flower borders. There are connecting garden gates to Rafters’ and Honeysuckle’s gardens. Find out more about the surrounding valley on the Gardens & Rewilding page.
Please Note: if your dog likes to escape or is very small please check with Ruth and Jon before booking.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels can be hired for this cottage at £4 per set of hand and bath towels. Supplied free of charge to overseas visitors.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).