Sleeps 6 guests in 4 bedrooms. Ideal cottage for family groups, or more space for couples. 1 king with en-suite toilet, 1 double bedroom, 2 bedrooms with single beds, 2 further bathrooms. Lovely views over the valley with enclosed garden. Free wifi. Cot and highchair on request. 2 dogs welcome.
What Our Guests Say About Willows
Since I guess that guest books are another victim of Covid we wanted to thank you for such lovely accommodation and a welcome break. The cottage was perfect and the surroundings idyllic perfectly situated for some good walks on Dartmoor and the coast path. Thank you for having us.
This is our second time of staying here. Ruth & John are always happy to help in any way they can to make your stay the best it can be. Cottages are lovely as are the grounds.
We so enjoyed our stay at Dittiscombe. What a wonderful place to live. We especially liked taking our picnic breakfast of bacon butties and coffee up to the playing area one morning; the views were wonderful. The cottage was so well appointed – we couldn’t have asked for more.
What a gorgeous place, we are so pleased we found it! Ideal for dogs and also for families with children, who will adore exploring the private valley. The AONB is a hidden gem. Our hosts could not have been more welcoming, many thanks.
Willows cottage faces south overlooking Dittiscombe valley and is dog and family friendly. The open plan sitting room is furnished with a digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player, 2 sofas, a chair, coffee tables, wall lighting, books and shelving, convector and storage heaters. There is wood vinyl flooring throughout.
The fully-equipped kitchen and dining area has a ceramic hob, microwave, electric oven, coffee maker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and storage heater. The downstairs bathroom has a walk-in shower, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Upstairs the master bedroom overlooks the valley with a king-size bed and an en-suite toilet with basin. Next door there is a single bedroom. At the rear of the cottage there is one double room and one single room. There are a few steps with a hand-rail which lead down to a further bathroom with a bath with mixer taps and shower head, small heated towel rail and electric fan heater. There is night storage heating in all bedrooms.
The garden looks out over a wild flower bank, Dittiscombe Hills and woodland. From the cottage gate you can access the lovely walk around the valley, ponds and woods. Willows garden is enclosed with post and rail and stock proof wire fencing. There is a gravel area and picnic table, stone walls, and shrub and flower borders. There are connecting garden gates to Rafters’ and Honeysuckle’s gardens. Find out more about the surrounding valley on the Gardens & Rewilding page.
Please Note: if your dog likes to escape or is very small please check with Ruth and Jon before booking.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels are currently not provided and we would ask that guests bring their own sets.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi. Further information on local information, eating out, and suggest itineraries can be found within our website.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment. There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- We suggest you bring your own bbq as we are currently not loaning these to guests.
- All cottages are fully no smoking.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival.