Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms. Sliding patio doors direct to sunny, enclosed garden. 1 kingsize and 1 twin. Open plan ground floor with ceramic tiling throughout. Free wifi. Up to 2 dogs welcome. Cot and highchair available on request.
What Our Customers Say About Rafters
Beautiful setting to get away from it all. The owners made us and our dogs very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble. There are short walks on the grounds and a beach a short drive or longer walk away.
Beautiful cottage having the benefit of an enclosed garden and grounds for our dogs to explore. Location is perfect. Warm welcome from Ruth and Jon. Will be recommending to friends and family and hope to visit this lovely area and cottage in the future.
Peace perfect peace.
Ruth & John are warm and welcoming hosts and have created a serene and relaxing environment for their guests. Laundry facilities are provided free of charge (so often an added extra elsewhere) and the kitchen was modern and well equipped. All this at a very reasonable price!
Second visit cottages have everything we need for a dog friendly holiday. Owners very helpful and very approachable. Cottages and very comfortable and clean with special touches for dog owners. Lovely walks in owners land.
Rafters is an airy, open-plan self-catering cottage. The ground floor has a well laid out sitting, dining and kitchen area with ceramic tiled floor throughout, and lovely views of the garden through sliding patio doors and windows.
The sitting area features a stone-built fireplace and surround with a flame-effect electric fire and storage heater. There is a digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio, bookshelves, two double sofas and coffee tables.
The fully-equipped kitchen area has a ceramic hob, microwave, electric oven and storage heater, and the dining area has an extending oak dining table and chairs.
The bathroom is on the ground floor and has a bath with electric shower over, an electric fan heater and storage heater, basin and toilet.
Upstairs there is a galleried landing which leads to the two bedrooms. The main bedroom has low, ancient rafters and a kingsize bed; the second bedroom has two single beds. Both bedrooms have storage heaters.
One step through the patio doors takes you to the south-facing, fully enclosed level garden which is surrounded by trees, fuchsia hedges, climbers, a stone wall and post and rail fencing with stock proof wire. Wooden patio furniture sits on a gravelled area with garden pots and climbers, and there is a further area of lawn. A wooden gate leads to Willows garden.
Guests can enjoy Dittiscombe conservation valley on the doorstep, with lovely walks on mown paths around the ponds, woods and meadows. Fout more about your surroundings in Dittiscombe valley, or things to do with your dog while on holiday visit our Dog Friendly Dittiscombe.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels can be hired for this cottage at £4 per set of hand and bath towels. Supplied free of charge to overseas visitors.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).