Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms. Sliding patio doors direct to sunny, enclosed garden. 1 kingsize and 1 twin. Open plan ground floor with ceramic tiling throughout. Free wifi. Up to 2 dogs welcome. Cot and highchair available on request.
What Our Customers Say About Rafters
We’ve had a lovely week …. incredibly friendly people. The South Hams of Devon, forever in our hearts!
This was a return trip after more than 20 years since we first stayed with our young children and I can only say that it is even better than remembered. Ruth and Jon have made it a perfect getaway for anyone looking for a relaxing break and they are so hospitable.
Dittiscombe is such a perfect setting, we had a beautiful and restorative weekend and enjoyed exploring the estate with our dog who also gives it top marks!
Rafters is an airy, open-plan self-catering cottage. The ground floor has a well laid out sitting, dining and kitchen area with ceramic tiled floor throughout, and lovely views of the garden through sliding patio doors and windows.
The sitting area features a stone-built fireplace and surround with a flame-effect electric fire and storage heater, Wifi and TV with streaming, bookshelves, two double sofas and coffee tables.
The fully-equipped kitchen area has a ceramic hob, microwave, electric oven and storage heater, and the dining area has an extending oak dining table and chairs.
The bathroom is on the ground floor and has a bath with electric shower over, an electric fan heater and storage heater, basin and toilet.
Upstairs there is a galleried landing which leads to the two bedrooms. The main bedroom has low, ancient rafters and a kingsize bed; the second bedroom has two single beds. Both bedrooms have storage heaters.
One step through the patio doors takes you to the south-facing, fully enclosed level garden which is surrounded by trees, fuchsia hedges, climbers, a stone wall and post and rail fencing with stock proof wire. Wooden patio furniture sits on a gravelled area with garden pots and climbers, and there is a further area of lawn. A wooden gate leads to Willows garden.
Guests can enjoy Dittiscombe conservation valley on the doorstep, with lovely walks on mown paths around the ponds, woods and meadows. For more about your surroundings in Dittiscombe valley, or things to do with your dog while on holiday visit our Dog Friendly Dittiscombe.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels are currently not provided and we would ask that guests bring their own sets.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, TVs with streaming and free Wifi. Further information on local information, eating out, and suggest itineraries can be found within our website.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment. There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- We suggest you bring your own bbq as we are currently not loaning these to guests.
- All cottages are fully no smoking.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Please see individual descriptions for each cottage bathroom. Some have baths with shower over, some with shower cubicles only, some with walk-in showers. All bathrooms have heating, toilet, washbasin, shaver points, heated towel rail or central heating radiator/towel rail.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival.