Sleeps 3-4 in 2 bedrooms. Separate sitting room with log-burner. 1 king bed, 1 single bed with additional pull-out guest bed (suitable for smaller child). Bathroom with bath and shower over. Garden with views. Wifi. Up to 2 dogs welcome. Cot and highchair on request. Longer lets available, and short breaks out of season.
What Our Customers Say About Dovecote
Always a great welcome and exeperience …. heartily recommend.
Dittiscombe Estate & Cottages: A pretty haven of peace and tranquility with a varied choice of cottages. Any requests and queries regarding accommodation are dealt with promptly.
Dovecote self-catering cottage is pretty and welcoming. It is dog-friendly and suitable for couples, or families of three with a smaller child (please see bedroom descriptions below).
The cosy sitting room with wood laminate flooring and a beamed ceiling has a log-burner plus a convector and storage heater, and is furnished with a 2-seater sofa, chairs and coffee tables, a digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio. There is a back door leading to a lower gravel garden and via steps to a higher lawned area of garden.
There is a separate kitchen/dining room with a slate floor, extendable oak dining table which will seat up to 8 people, small settle and storage heater; the fully-equipped kitchen area has a ceramic hob with cookerhood, mircowave, and electric oven.
The bathroom is on the ground floor and has a bath with shower over, heated towel rail and electric fan heater, toilet and basin.
Upstairs the main bedroom has a king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe, and storage heater.
The second bedroom has a single bed with an additional pull out guest bed (for a smaller child) which is normal bed length but slightly narrower at 2’6″ wide, and a chest of drawers and convector heater.
The small gravel sitting area with a table and two chairs enjoys morning sun and the higher garden access by steps, is part-fenced with a further table and two chairs, and has mature hedging and lovely valley views. The cottage garden gate gives access to the fields and orchard above Dovecote and to Buddleia’s garden. The garden is not completely enclosed.
Find our more about the surrounding conservation valley of Dittiscombe Hills, or if you’d like to know about things to do with your dog while on holiday visit our Dog Friendly Dittiscombe page, or read about what our Collie Kes gets up to on her blog page.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels are currently not provided and we would ask that guests bring their own sets.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi. Further information on local information, eating out, and suggest itineraries can be found within our website.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment. There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- We suggest you bring your own bbq as we are currently not loaning these to guests.
- All cottages are fully no smoking.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival.