Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms. Cosy cottage with log-burner. 1 king and 1 twin. Stable style front door and large fenced, private garden leading to Dittiscombe meadows and orchard. Wifi. Short Breaks. Cot and highchair available on request.
What Our Customers Say About Buddleia
The perfect choice for us – and our dogs ! Visited whilst doing some serious house hunting in the area (and celebrating our anniversary) – loved the location, Buddleia cottage, the garden and all those wonderful walks round the estate. Would definitely recommend to anyone with – or without – dogs who wants a gorgeous rural retreat in the lovely South Hams
The perfect choice for us – and our dogs ! Visited whilst doing some serious house hunting in the area (and celebrating our anniversary) – loved the location, Buddleia cottage, the garden and all those wonderful walks round the estate. Would definitely recommend to anyone with – or without – dogs who wants a gorgeous rural retreat in the lovely South Hams ……………..
Really beautiful setting, rural and so peaceful. The cottage was very well set up with everything you could need. Very friendly owners. Great for travelling with a dog….ours loved his holiday!
Everything we’d hoped and much more. Beautiful place, absolutely perfect! We’ll be back again as soon as we can.
Buddleia cottage is suitable for couples and families and is dog friendly. It has an open-plan ground floor with wood laminate flooring. The sitting room area features a wood burner with slate surround, bookcases, settle and cushions, digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio, sofa and two chairs, and coffee tables. The dining area has a glass table and four chairs. The kitchen is fully equipped with ceramic hob, electric oven, extractor fan and microwave. There is a storage heater and convector heater on the ground floor.
The bathroom is on the ground floor and has a shower cubicle with electric shower, toilet, basin, heated towel rail and fan heater.
Upstairs the main bedroom has a kingsize bed and armchair, chest of drawers, dressing table, and view over the garden. The second bedroom has two single beds, chest of drawers, chair and underbed storage. Both bedrooms have night storage heaters. There is a shared cupboard for hanging and storage on the landing.
There is a rockery and curved stone steps leading to the the stable-style front door. The enclosed garden is to the side of the cottage, with a wooden gate, fencing and high hedging. There is a picnic table, shrub border, and mostly level lawn surrounded by hedges and trees. There is also a garden gate connecting to Dovecote’s garden. Guests have direct access to the orchard and meadows above the cottage. Buddleia is attached to Dovecote.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels can be hired for this cottage at £4 per set of hand and bath towels. Supplied free of charge to overseas visitors.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).