Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms. Cosy cottage with log-burner. 1 king and 1 twin. Stable style front door and large fenced, private garden leading to Dittiscombe meadows and orchard. Wifi. Short Breaks. Cot and highchair available on request.
What Our Customers Say About Buddleia
Always a brilliant week. A beautiful spot. Perfect location for exploring the special corner of the UK that is the South Hams.
Beautiful location and surrounding countryside and the re-wilding at Dittiscombe is inspiring and very much what we need as a country. Ruth and Jon were excellent hosts. There are so many spectacular walks in the countryside and on the coast. Thoroughly recommend
Buddleia cottage is suitable for couples and families and is dog friendly. It has an open-plan ground floor with wood laminate flooring. The sitting room area features a wood burner with slate surround, bookcases, settle and cushions, digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio, sofa and two chairs, and coffee tables. The dining area has a glass table and four chairs. The kitchen is fully equipped with ceramic hob, electric oven, extractor fan and microwave. There is a storage heater and convector heater on the ground floor.
The bathroom is on the ground floor and has a shower cubicle with electric shower, toilet, basin, heated towel rail and fan heater.
Upstairs the main bedroom has a kingsize bed and armchair, chest of drawers, dressing table, and view over the garden. The second bedroom has two single beds, chest of drawers, chair and underbed storage. Both bedrooms have night storage heaters. There is a shared cupboard for hanging and storage on the landing.
There is a rockery and curved stone steps leading to the the stable-style front door. The enclosed garden is to the side of the cottage, with a wooden gate, fencing and high hedging. There is a picnic table, shrub border, and mostly level lawn surrounded by hedges and trees. There is also a garden gate connecting to Dovecote’s garden. Guests have direct access to the orchard and meadows above the cottage. Buddleia is attached to Dovecote.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels are currently not provided and we would ask that guests bring their own sets.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi. Further information on local information, eating out, and suggest itineraries can be found within our website.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment. There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- We suggest you bring your own bbq as we are currently not loaning these to guests.
- All cottages are fully no smoking.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival.