A detached, single storey cottage with enclosed garden with lovely views over Dittiscombe hills, log-burner and wifi. Ideal for couples. (1 dog welcome, will consider 2 on request.)
What Our Guests Say About Honeysuckle
Absolutely perfect holiday every time. We love the cottage, the views, and the peaceful and relaxing location, and our dog loves having the freedom to explore in a safe and stimulating environment.
Honeysuckle cottage is wonderfully peaceful and its garden has a great view of the valley. My highlight was seeing how much my dog loved her surroundings with the enclosed garden and her walks along the many different paths on the property. Would certainly stay again.
It’s brilliant if you have dogs as the walking area in dittiscombe has been made all safe and the garden to the cottages are too. Loved how quiet it is. Great for walks and nature. Very relaxing
This is such an amazing place to stay. It was our first Easter visit here but our 11th overall stay. Everything about this place is fantastic and tranquil, ideal to recharge batteries and take life at a slower pace. The cottages are lovely, each with a unique layout with everything you need to a high standard. The grounds are breathtaking, exceptionally maintained and ‘doggie heaven’! We will return again later in the year.
Honeysuckle is a comfortable self-catering cottage for couples and welcomes one dog. With lovely views over Dittiscombe Hills and access to 20 acres of woodland and meadows from the cottage door, Honeysuckle is an ideal cottage for guests who enjoy relaxing in quiet surroundings, with nature and bird-watching on the doorstep.
It is a single-story cottage with a stable-style front door leading directly to the sitting room with sofa, chair, coffee tables, log-burner, TV, DVD and Bluetooth player. There is a wood-block floor and valley view from the sitting room.
Two steps take you to the bedroom which has a king-size bed, chair, bedside tables, chest and wardrobe. The kitchen, up one step, is fully fitted with electric oven, microwave and ceramic hob, dining table and chairs. The kitchen leads to the bathroom with a bath with shower over, basin and toilet.
The south-facing garden is accessed at the side of the cottage where there is a level gravel area with a table and chairs and is fully-enclosed with post and rail fencing with stock proof wire. From the garden you will have far-reaching views of the valley, woodland and wildflower banks. There is a garden gate to Willows cottage.
Honeysuckle has full central heating with a gas-fired combination boiler and programmer. Wifi available throughout the cottage.
The cottage is set in our peaceful valley but a 10 minute drive or about an hour’s walk off-road will take you to historic Slapton village with its two dog-friendly pubs and small community shop. A little further afield there is the huge stretch of beach at Start Bay and here walkers can join the South West Coast Path for spectacular coastal walks. The pretty estuary towns of Salcombe, Dartmouth and Kingsbridge are all within a 30 minute drive.
Bath and hand towels are provided in this cottage. Guests are able to unload outside cottage, and parking is in the communal car park.
Short breaks are available outside the school holidays: 3-night weekend or 4 night mid-week breaks start from £325 in the low season. Go to the Short Breaks page to find out more about what’s available and read Ruth’s blog for a suggested itinerary. And to find our more about things to do with your dog while on holiday visit our Dog Friendly Dittiscombe page.
*As this cottage is single storey it may be suitable for guests with limited mobility but we would recommend that you contact Ruth & Jon on 01548 521272 if you have specific requirements. We can advise on Accessible walks – visit our Great Outdoors page for ideas and information.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels are currently not provided and we would ask that guests bring their own sets.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi. Further information on local information, eating out, and suggest itineraries can be found within our website.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment. There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- We suggest you bring your own bbq as we are currently not loaning these to guests.
- All cottages are fully no smoking.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival.