A detached, single storey cottage with enclosed garden with lovely views over Dittiscombe hills, log-burner and wifi. Ideal for couples. (1 dog welcome, will consider 2 on request.)
What Our Guests Say About Honeysuckle
Wonderful week from start to finish. Accommodation and grounds were fantastic and enjoyed exploring the local area. Thank you very much and will see you again soon.
We did like Honeysuckle very much, we couldn’t have asked for more and what a bonus being in such a tranquil spot. Our Golden Retriever Archie really appreciated the walk around the perimeter of the estate in the evenings and we always stopped to take stock and enjoy the peace and quiet!
Dittiscombe was recommended to us by a friend: great suggestion! We enjoyed both the house and the surroundings. Pity to leave. Thanks a lot.
Have loved our stay in Honeysuckle! Jasper has loved being able to run around safe and enjoy the beautiful grounds. Thank you so much!
Another lovely peaceful and relaxing stay at Dittiscombe – have never stayed anywhere as perfect as here. Hope to return soon.
The cottage was the perfect hideaway and so welcoming. We and Benny had a most relaxing stay in your delightful cottage in its very special setting.
Honeysuckle is a comfortable self-catering cottage for couples and welcomes one dog. With lovely views over Dittiscombe Hills and access to 20 acres of woodland and meadows from the cottage door, Honeysuckle is an ideal cottage for guests who enjoy relaxing in quiet surroundings, with nature and bird-watching on the doorstep.
It is a single-story cottage with a stable-style front door leading directly to the sitting room with sofa, chair, coffee tables, log-burner, TV, DVD and Bluetooth player. There is a wood-block floor and valley view from the sitting room.
Two steps take you to the bedroom which has a king-size bed, chair, bedside tables, chest and wardrobe. The kitchen, up one step, is fully fitted with electric oven, microwave and ceramic hob, dining table and chairs. The kitchen leads to the bathroom with a bath with shower over, basin and toilet.
The south-facing garden is accessed at the side of the cottage where there is a level gravel area with a table and chairs and is fully-enclosed with post and rail fencing with stock proof wire. From the garden you will have far-reaching views of the valley, woodland and wildflower banks. There is a garden gate to Willows cottage.
Honeysuckle has full central heating with a gas-fired combination boiler and programmer. Wifi available throughout the cottage.
The cottage is set in our peaceful valley but a 10 minute drive or about an hour’s walk off-road will take you to historic Slapton village with its two dog-friendly pubs and small community shop. A little further afield there is the huge stretch of beach at Start Bay and here walkers can join the South West Coast Path for spectacular coastal walks. The pretty estuary towns of Salcombe, Dartmouth and Kingsbridge are all within a 30 minute drive.
Bath and hand towels are provided in this cottage. Guests are able to unload outside cottage, and parking is in the communal car park.
Short breaks are available outside the school holidays: 3-night weekend or 4 night mid-week breaks start from £325 in the low season. Go to the Short Breaks page to find out more about what’s available and read Ruth’s blog for a suggested itinerary. And to find our more about things to do with your dog while on holiday visit our Dog Friendly Dittiscombe page.
*As this cottage is single storey it may be suitable for guests with limited mobility but we would recommend that you contact Ruth & Jon on 01548 521272 if you have specific requirements. We can advise on Accessible walks – visit our Great Outdoors page for ideas and information.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity, linen and towels, where provided. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).