South Devon Highlights
Dittiscombe – your perfect base in South Devon
Dittiscombe Hills Estate & Cottages is located mid-way between Kingsbridge and Dartmouth and is just a short drive from plenty of dog-friendly beaches, estuaries and the South West Coast Path. Scroll down to find inspiration for things to do during your stay from the list of highlights and upcoming events below. You can visit the Tourist Information Centres in Kingsbridge and Dartmouth to get some local advice, or call Ruth or Jon will be able to advise you about local events and activities and help you with booking if required.
- Take a leisurely group paddle in a two-man canoes with Dave of Singing Paddles, looking at the abundant wildlife on the creeks rivers of the South Hams. Call or text Dave on 07754 426633.
- Kingsbridge Food & Music Festival. A showcase of home-grown food and musical talent. Discover local food producers, suppliers and restaurants, with musical accompaniment on the bandstand. 31st May – 2nd June in Kingsbridge.
- Forest & Beach (National Champions of the Rural Business Awards 2019) have a number of activities for children over the Summer Holidays: fire lighting, shelter building, outdoor cooking, making new friends with freedom to explore! Located near Beesands, call Pete Moore on 01548 580 744 if not been before or visit the Forest & Beach website.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding and Yoga. The estuary tidal waters at Kingsbridge offer secluded creeks are the perfect place to combine these two activities.Ffor beginners and seasoned practitioners alike. All abilities welcome. Meet at Waterborn, Crabshell Quay, Embankment Rd, Kingsbridge TQ7 1JZ.
Food, Music, Gardens
- Buckfast Abbey Garden Fayre, Saturday 1st June at the Abbey from 10am – 5pm. Free entry. Arts & Crafts, talks by Toby Buckland and Head Gardener Aaron Southgate, garden ornaments, rural crafts.
- Salcombe Brewery Tours – get a chance to see where these ales are brewed! A tour of the brewhouse is followed by a Q&A session in the Salcombe Brewery Co. Bar along with samplings of the beer. firstname.lastname@example.org