South Devon Highlights
Dittiscombe – your perfect base in South Devon
Dittiscombe Hills Estate & Cottages is located mid-way between Kingsbridge and Dartmouth and is just a short drive from plenty of dog-friendly beaches, estuaries and the South West Coast Path. Scroll down to find inspiration for things to do during your stay from the list of highlights and upcoming events below. You can visit the Tourist Information Centres in Kingsbridge and Dartmouth to get some local advice, or call Ruth or Jon will be able to advise you about local events and activities and help you with booking if required.
- Take a leisurely group paddle in a two-man canoes with Dave of Singing Paddles, looking at the abundant wildlife on the creeks rivers of the South Hams. A Mothering Sunday Tea & Cake Tour is going out on 30th March. Call or text Dave on 07754 426633.
- The Dart Music Festival is back with a delicious mix of music for all tastes. Set in the beautiful estuary town of Dartmouth in the South Hams. 10,11 12 May. Free entry.
- Kingsbridge Food & Music Festival. A showcase of home-grown food and musical talent. Discover local food producers, suppliers and restaurants, with musical accompaniment on the bandstand. 31st May – 2nd June in Kingsbridge.
- Forest & Beach (National Champions of the Rural Business Awards 2019) have a number of activities for children over the Easter Holidays: fire lighting, shelter building, outdoor cooking, making new friends with freedom to explore! Located near Beesands. 9:30-3:30, £30. Ages 14 yrs +, 4 yr olds not at school, call Pete Moore on 01548 580 744 if not been before or visit the Forest & Beach website.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding and Yoga. The estuary tidal waters at Kingsbridge offer secluded creeks are the perfect place to combine these two activities.Ffor beginners and seasoned practitioners alike. All abilities welcome. Meet at Waterborn, Crabshell Quay, Embankment Rd, Kingsbridge TQ7 1JZ 6th & 21st April, 2nd, 8th & 26th May.
Food, Art & Music
- Salcombe Crabfest is a celebration of crab and all things seafood. 5th May. The event has demonstrations, crab picking demonstrations, make a crab pot, music, wine tasting and more! Special talks from renowned local chefs and food authors too. A great day out in Salcombe for all the family.
- Buckfast Abbey Beekeeping Taster Days from April to September 2019. For people thinking about taking up beekeeping. Dates March, July and September. Visit the Buckfast Abbey website for more details.
- Salcombe Brewery Tours – get a chance to see where these ales are brewed! A tour of the brewhouse is followed by a Q&A session in the Salcombe Brewery Co. Bar along with samplings of the beer. Next dates are: 21/3, 18/4, 2/5, 7/5, and 30/5 email@example.com