South Devon Highlights
Dittiscombe – your perfect base in South Devon
Dittiscombe Hills Estate & Cottages is located mid-way between Kingsbridge and Dartmouth and is just a short drive from plenty of dog-friendly beaches, estuaries and the South West Coast Path. Scroll down to find inspiration for things to do during your stay from the list of highlights and upcoming events below.
You can visit the Tourist Information Centres in Kingsbridge and Dartmouth to get some local advice, or call Ruth or Jon who will be able to advise you about local events and activities and help you with booking if required.
- Dart Music Festival is now in its 23rd year. The event will be held at various venues throughout Dartmouth, from orchestral, rock, choral, blues, opera, folk, to jazz performances. Something for everyone, young and not so young! 15-17 May
- Salcombe Town Regatta will be regaling visitors and local residents alike with a typically packed programme of fun and festivities. From sandcastle building to harbour swims to sail racing. August 1 – 8.
Activities & Crafts
- Take a leisurely group paddle in a two-man canoes with Dave of Singing Paddles, looking at the abundant wildlife on the creeks and rivers of the South Hams. Special events include bat identification using bat detectors and finding bioluminescence in the water. Call or text Dave on 07754 426633.
- 9K Night Run in January, in partnership with Cotswold Outdoor. This event is about having fun at your own pace, meeting new people, exploring East Soar after dark and raising funds for our ongoing conservation work. 25th January.
Food & Drink
- Salcombe Gin Tasting sessions. Visit the waterside distillery on Island Street for a tutored tasting, talk and tour. Learn about the distillation process, meet ‘Provident’ our 450 litre copper pot still, and taste various mixes. Various dates throughout Feb.