South Devon Highlights
Dittiscombe – your perfect base in South Devon
Dittiscombe Hills Estate & Cottages is located mid-way between Kingsbridge and Dartmouth and is just a short drive from plenty of dog-friendly beaches, estuaries and the South West Coast Path. Scroll down to find inspiration for things to do during your stay from the list of highlights and upcoming events below. You can visit the Tourist Information Centres in Kingsbridge and Dartmouth to get some local advice, or call Ruth or Jon will be able to advise you about local events and activities and help you with booking if required.
- Take a leisurely group paddle in a two-man canoes with Dave of Singing Paddles, looking at the abundant wildlife on the creeks rivers of the South Hams. Call or text Dave on 07754 426633.
- Ways with Words Literary Festival at Dartington Hall 5-15 July. A ten-day event held at Dartington Hall, near Totnes and a chance for those who read books to meet those who write them.
- South Devon Railway at Staverton 19 – 21 July, have a fleet of first generation British Railways diesels from the sixties.
- Forest & Beach (National Champions of the Rural Business Awards 2019) have a number of activities for children over the Summer Holidays: fire lighting, shelter building, outdoor cooking, making new friends with freedom to explore! Located near Beesands, call Pete Moore on 01548 580 744 if not been before or visit the Forest & Beach website.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding and Yoga. The estuary tidal waters at Kingsbridge offer secluded creeks are the perfect place to combine these two activities.Ffor beginners and seasoned practitioners alike. All abilities welcome. Meet at Waterborn, Crabshell Quay, Embankment Rd, Kingsbridge TQ7 1JZ.
- Beach Yoga with Emily Seer at Slapton Sands on Friday and Sunday mornings. All levels of yogis welcome. Contact Ruth at Dittiscombe on 01548 521272 for more information.
- A walk with Bird Ringers at Slapton Ley 20th July and 17th August. Book essential with the Slapton Ley Field Studies Centre in Slapton, or contact Ruth at Dittiscombe for more information.
Food & Drink, Local Shows
- Salcombe Brewery Tours – get a chance to see where these ales are brewed! A tour of the brewhouse is followed by a Q&A session in the Salcombe Brewery Co. Bar along with samplings of the beer. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kingsbridge Fair Week 20 – 27 July. Entertainment for all the family plus a fun-fair on the Creeks End Car Park. Food, live music, games and fireworks.
- Salcombe Regatta 3 – 10 August in Salcombe. Harbour swim, competitions, lots of salty sea-side fun.
- Totnes and District Show 28 July Displays, demonstratioins and parades in the main ring, cattle, sheep and horses.