Sleeps 6 guests in 4 bedrooms. Ideal cottage for family groups, or more space for couples. 1 king with en-suite toilet, 1 double bedroom, 2 bedrooms with single beds, 2 further bathrooms. Lovely views over the valley with enclosed garden. Free wifi. Cot and highchair on request. 2 dogs welcome.
What Our Guests Say About Willows
Willows is a lovely cottage, very comfortable and warm.We had everything we needed. The sofa was very comfortable we all commented on that, really lovely.
Really lovely cosy comfortable cottage, very well equipped kitchen, lots of nice touches, and so peaceful! Incredibly well set up and thought through for taking dogs.
Beautiful location, lovely cottage very well equipped. We have had a lovely walks . . . good food at the Cricket Inn, The Tradesmans Arms and Sea Breeze cafe, all dog friendly.
We had a fantastic holiday at Dittiscombe. The location of the cottages is idyllic and allowed us a break of complete rest and relaxation. The cottages (Willows and Honeysuckle) contained everything we could need for our stay. Ruth and Jon were friendly and helpful but also unobtrusive, giving us complete privacy. We will definitely return and also recommend the cottages to friends.
Such a friendly welcome from Ruth and Jon who are always happy to recommend places to go. Dittiscombe is so peaceful with beautiful accommodation and gardens.
Thank you for such a lovely break. The peace and quiet was wonderful,and we would recommend it to family and friends. Hope we get a chance to revisit sometime. Many thanks
Willows faces south overlooking Dittiscombe valley and is dog and family friendly. The open plan sitting room is furnished with a digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player, 2 sofas, a chair, coffee tables, wall lighting, books and shelving, convector and storage heaters. There is wood vinyl flooring throughout.
The fully-equipped kitchen and dining area has a ceramic hob, microwave, electric oven, coffee maker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and storage heater. The downstairs bathroom has a walk-in shower, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Upstairs the master bedroom overlooks the valley with a king-size bed and an en-suite toilet with basin. Next door there is a single bedroom. At the rear of the cottage there is one double room and one single room. There are a few steps with a hand-rail which lead down to a further bathroom with a bath with mixer taps and shower head, small heated towel rail and electric fan heater. There is night storage heating in all bedrooms.
Outside there is a gravel area with picnic table, stone walls and shrub and flower borders. The lawn looks out over the wild flower bank and valley. The garden is fully enclosed with connecting gates to Rafters’ and Honeysuckle’s gardens.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels can be hired for this cottage at £4 per set of hand and bath towels. Supplied free of charge to overseas visitors.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).