Sleeps 6 guests in 4 bedrooms. Ideal cottage for family groups, or more space for couples. 1 king with en-suite toilet, 1 double bedroom, 2 bedrooms with single beds, 2 further bathrooms. Lovely views over the valley with enclosed garden. Free wifi. Cot and highchair on request. 2 dogs welcome.
What Our Guests Say About Willows
Fabulous few days in Willows. Loved our cottage in such peaceful and gorgeous surroundings. Had some amazing walks to Slapton. We will be back with more friends!
Such a lovely cottage – we all loved it – especially the dogs! Thank you.
Very relaxing and comfortable stay. Did some lovely walks in the area. The cottage was perfect.
We had a lovely holiday in Willows cottage, with beautiful surroundings. Would definitely love to come back again.
An idyllic location, so safe for the children and the dog – we so enjoyed walking through the valley together. It was such a privilege to be able to share this beautifully cared for place, for a few days.
The cottages at Dittiscombe are in an idyllic location. Willows was scrupulously clean, spacious, cosy and well equipped. Ruth and Jon were very welcoming and helpful. We had a very enjoyable and peaceful stay
Willows faces south overlooking the valley and pond with a large enclosed garden. The open plan sitting room is furnished with digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio, 2 large sofas and coffee tables. There is a slate floor and fireplace with flame-effect electric fire with remote control and storage heater, wall lighting, books and magazines.
The fully-equipped kitchen and dining area has a ceramic hob, microwave, electric oven, coffee maker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and storage heater. The downstairs bathroom has a walk-in shower, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Upstairs the main bedroom overlooks the pond with a king-size bed and an en-suite toilet with basin. There is a second double bedroom with window seat. There are two further rooms, each with single beds. From the upstairs landing a few steps lead down to a further bathroom which has a bath with mixer taps with shower head, small heated towel rail and electric fan heater. There is night storage heating in all bedrooms.
Outside there is a gravel area with picnic table, stone walls and shrub and flower borders. The lawn looks out over the wild flower bank and valley. The garden is fully enclosed with connecting gates to Rafters’ and Honeysuckle’s gardens.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity, linen and towels, where provided. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).
- BBQ‘s are available free on request.
- All cottages are fully no smoking.
- Each cottage has a fire extinguisher, fire blanket and smoke detector. We also supply a small torch and matches although we would recommend guests bring their own torch if they wish to walk at night-time.
- The communal laundry room is at the rear of the farmhouse with level access and has a standard washing machine and tumble dryer. Irons, ironing boards and clothes-airers are provided in each cottage. There is a communal whirligig outside Willows.
- A complimentary basket of logs, kindling, firelighters and matches are provided in each cottage with a woodburner. Further baskets are charged for at £3 per basket, subject to availability.
- Guests are welcome to unload their car outside the cottage and then to park in the commumal car park. The Owlery has its own private parking space.
- Towels can be ordered in advance, price £4 per set (one hand and one bath towel per set). Towels are supplied free of charge for overseas visitors, and for guests in Honeysuckle and The Owlery.
- For guests with disabilities we would advise you to ring us if you have any specific requirements so that you can fully enjoy your holiday – call Ruth or Jon on 01548 521272.
- Food deliveries can be made to your cottage door and we are happy to put away your food if you haven’t arrived – please let us know the time you’ve booked the delivery, which should be after 4pm. Sainsburys, Tescos and Waitrose all deliver to Dittiscombe. When ordering please give both your name and cottage name, and ‘call at Dittiscombe Farmhouse’ for delivery instructions.