The Cottages at Dittiscombe
Find your perfect holiday cottage from six pretty stone barns and gardens near Slapton which are tucked away in an exclusive South Devon valley.
They all have gardens and views and exclusive access to our unique 20-acre conservation valley. Each cottage has been sympathetically converted from old stone barns, part of a larger farm called Dittiscombe Hills, and they nestle in the valley at the end of a private lane.
They are individually laid out, decorated and furnished to a Visit England 4 star rating. There are thick stone walls, exposed beams and recessed windows, feature fireplaces, slate, wood or ceramic flooring, providing a homely setting all year round.
Outside the cottages have individual, private gardens with lawns, flower and shrub borders, gravel patios, garden furniture with access to the 20 acres of private valley and lovely views. Some gardens are fully enclosed, but please see more information on the individual cottage pages.
Sleeps 6 +Cot 2 Dogs Welcome
Free Wifi En-suite Bedroom
Walk-in ground floor shower
This is our first visit to Dittiscombe and must say we have not been disappointed. Great and comfortable cottage in picturesque surroundings with lovely walks for our Hungarian Vizsla, Red. Ruth has been very helpful during our stay. Hope to return again soon. Underdown Family, June 2016
Sleeps 3-4 + Cot 2 Dogs Welcome
Free Wifi Walk through Garden Gate
Separate sitting room with Woodburner
The cottages are in the most peaceful and relaxing of settings and in a location that is perfect as a base for exploring South Devon. We’ve had a warm welcome and amazing stay every time. Dan, Victoria and Lily, September 2016
General cottage information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity, linen, and towels where provided. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more information.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).