Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms. Sunny, south facing cottage overlooking the garden. 1 kingsize and 1 twin. Open plan ground floor with sliding patio door to enclosed garden. Free wifi. Up to 2 dogs welcome. Cot and highchair available on request.
What Our Customers Say About Rafters
Lovely week at this beautiful location. So restful, unspoilt, cosy and with lovely owners. What more to say. Thank you!
Well…. what a fabulous place to stay. The setting in which this cottage stands is beautiful…..Jon and Ruth are very welcoming hosts. Dog walks galore…..plenty of places to visit. Will definitely be returning.
Second visit to Rafters. A lovely cottage in an idyllic setting. Perfect for a get away from it all break. Ruth & Jon are the perfect hosts. There when you need them, and always friendly and helpful.
Lovely location, superb base for wonderful dog friendly beaches and walks. Doggy heaven! Hope to return in the future.
Lovely cottage, well equipped kitchen, quiet and peaceful. Dogs loved the walks around the property. Jon and Ruth lovely and very helpful.
We first visited here 14 years ago whilst pregnant with our daughter. Returning with a 13 year old this year did not disappoint. The property was just as beautiful as we remembered – and just as relaxing. We all hope to return again but won’t leave it so long!
The airy open-plan ground floor has a well laid out sitting, dining and kitchen area with ceramic tiled floor throughout, and lovely views of the garden through sliding patio doors and windows.
The sitting area features a stone-built fireplace and surround with a flame-effect electric fire and storage heater. There is a digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio, bookshelves, two double sofas and coffee tables.
The fully-equipped kitchen area has a ceramic hob, microwave, electric oven and storage heater, and the dining area has an extending oak dining table and chairs.
The bathroom is on the ground floor and has a bath with electric shower over, an electric fan heater and storage heater, basin and toilet.
Upstairs there is a galleried landing which leads to the two bedrooms. The main bedroom has low, ancient rafters and a kingsize bed; the second bedroom has two single beds. Both bedrooms have storage heaters.
One step through the patio doors takes you to the south-facing, fully enclosed level garden which is surrounded by trees, fuchsia hedges, climbers, a stone wall and fencing. Wooden patio furniture sits on a gravelled area with garden pots and climbers, and there is a further area of lawn. A wooden gate leads to Willows garden.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels can be hired for this cottage at £4 per set of hand and bath towels. Supplied free of charge to overseas visitors.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).