Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms. Sunny, south facing cottage overlooking the garden. 1 kingsize and 1 twin. Open plan ground floor with sliding patio door to enclosed garden. Free wifi. Up to 2 dogs welcome. Cot and highchair available on request.
What Our Customers Say About Rafters
Yet another relaxing break at an amazing location which keeps on amazing us all. We will return as we love this gem of a place, and thank you Ruth and Jon for making us feel so welcome.
There should be more places of this quality. Hospitality par excellence! Home from home and a lovely part of the world.
Fantastic time. Rafters is a lovely cottage, lovely walks. Cannot fault anything at all. Will be back.
A perfect week in a wonderful location. Appreciated all the thoughtful touches from the hosts.
Had a fantastic week, lovely cottage, well equipped and comfortable. Would highly recommend.
This is our second visit to the cottages. Love the peace and quiet of the surroundings. Wonderful safe area for the dogs.
The airy open-plan ground floor has a well laid out sitting, dining and kitchen area with ceramic tiled floor throughout, and lovely views of the garden through sliding patio doors and windows.
The sitting area features a stone-built fireplace and surround with a flame-effect electric fire and storage heater. There is a digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio, bookshelves, two double sofas and coffee tables.
The fully-equipped kitchen area has a ceramic hob, microwave, electric oven and storage heater, and the dining area has an extending oak dining table and chairs. The downstairs bathroom has a bath with electric shower over, an electric fan heater and storage heater.
Upstairs there is a galleried landing which leads to the two bedrooms. The main bedroom has low, ancient rafters and a kingsize bed; the second bedroom has two single beds. Both bedrooms have storage heaters.
One step through the patio doors takes you to the south-facing, fully enclosed level garden which is surrounded by trees, fuchsia hedges, climbers, a stone wall and fencing. Wooden patio furniture sits on a gravelled area with garden pots and climbers, and there is a further area of lawn. A wooden gate leads to Willows garden.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity, linen and towels, where provided. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).