Romantic cottage for two people, surrounded by valley views, kingsize bed, spa bath big enough for 2, own parking space, woodburner, free wifi. Free cot and highchair on request. Sorry no pets.
What Previous Guests Say About The Owlery
We had a really lovely stay in The Owlery. The local area was lovely for quiet country walks, and I really enjoyed a relaxing spa bath in the evenings! Ruth was really friendly and professional from booking and made the stay really special.
Lovely, cosy, comfortable cottage in wonderfully peaceful location. Great holiday – thank you.
A lovely and peace placeful to stay, reflect and ‘reboot’.
Lovely cottage and nature reserve. Highly recommended. Thank you.
The cottage was cosy, comfortable and inviting . . . with a well lit property with tea tray ready for our arrival. It was extremely clean and tidy and contained everything we needed for a comfortable stay. It was probably the most peaceful place we have stayed over many years. Other cottages were nearby, but we were afforded total privacy.
We had a really special week and loved the Owlery – we both thought that it was beautifully designed use of the space and it felt very much like home for all of us. The gardens and sitting area were great too. Thanks for being so helpful and friendly during our stay and for making our first holiday away as a threesome such a pleasure.
Ruth and Jon friendly and welcoming. Peaceful and quiet this is a lovely group of holiday cottages in a beautiful setting. Cottage very cosy especially with the wood burning stove and just the right size for 2.
Beautiful well equipped cottage in a lovely secluded valley. A great place for just unwinding away from it all and a really good base from which to explore the delights of Devon.
The Owlery is a most romantic retreat: a cosy get-away cottage for two, providing plenty of space and all the right ingredients for a relaxing break. Nestling amidst Dittiscombe’s tranquil valley, the cottage is ideal for couples looking for a quiet break, to celebrate a special occasion, or a Honeymoon location.
Relax and unwind in the oasis of calm which surrounds The Owlery. The cottage has a log burning stove for cosy winter nights, a fabulous spa bath with room for two (perfect for a long soak with a glass of bubbly at the end of the day!), and an attractive king-size bedroom.
Guests will also have a private garden for relaxing and alfresco dining, and the use of the extensive grounds where you can enjoy a leisurely stroll through the woodland and around the meadows and orchard, with wildlife to spot along the way.
Further afield there is easy access to the big sweep of beaches at Start Bay, and super walking on the South West Coastal Path between Dartmouth and Salcombe. Slapton village is just a 10 minute drive away where there are two good pubs serving local food and drink, and the freshwater lake at Slapton Ley with its abundance of wildlife. Take the walk from Slapton to Torcross and Beesands and be rewarded by the areas best fish dishes at the Start Bay Inn, Britannia on the Beach or at The Cricket Inn.
The accommodation comprises:
- Open-plan living area with space to cook, dine and relax in front of the log burner. Comfy seating, dining table with chairs, television, DVD player, and a kitchen well equipped with electric oven/hob (extractor over), fridge and microwave provide everything needed for self-catering.
- Oil fired central heating throughout.
- Attractive king-size bed set on a galleried mezzanine above the living area and with views over the orchard.
- Bathroom with fabulous spa bath with room for two, a separate shower cubicle, WC, wash basin, and heated towel rail.
- The Owlery has a pretty garden where you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine or alfresco meal (outdoor furniture provided) whilst looking over the small pond. There is also a private lawned garden, perfect for relaxing with views over the valley.
- The Owlery has its own parking space in front of the cottage.
- Short breaks are available outside the school holidays or at short notice if the cottage is free.
- A complimentary basket of logs is provided, along with bath and hand towels.
- The bed is made up ready for arrival.
- Unfortunately this cottage does not accept pets and is not recommended for children other than small babies, but there are other family and dog-friendly cottages at Dittiscombe and you can find out more here.
- Take a lovely canoe trip around the waterways of the area with a recommended local company Singing Paddles who provide guided tours in two-man canoes.
- Bike storage is available.
- The Dartmouth Golf & Country Club is just 10 minutes from the cottage and has nine and eighteen-hole golf courses, a pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, and gym (Dittiscombe’s guests receive a 25% discount on these facilities), and beauty treatments are available.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity, linen and towels, where provided. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).