A detached, single storey cottage with enclosed garden with lovely views over Dittiscombe hills, woodburner and free wifi. Ideal for couples. (1 dog welcome, will consider 2 on request.)
What Our Customers Say About Honeysuckle
Honeysuckle Cottage was one of the best holiday cottages we have ever rented. After a long day of walking, there was the pleasant anticipation of returning to the comfort of an efficient shower/bath and a glass of wine before cooking a simple meal. The cottage was well equipped, clean and very dog friendly. The little garden made a peaceful haven in the evening and the nature trail around the farm was delightful. Above all, the bed was hugely comfortable to allow one to recharge the batteries before facing the long walks planned for the following day! Ten out of ten Jon and Ruth – you’ve really got it right.
We felt as though we had found a small piece of paradise. The location is really beautiful, lovely walks and really dog friendly. Ruth and Jon were really kind and friendly and we felt really comfortable staying in their lovely cottage. We really didn’t want to leave and cant wait to go back.
We knew whatever the weather we would be comfortable and warm in the cottage, and would enjoy exploring one of our favourite areas again.
Lovely, lovely stay, don’t want to go, so beautiful here! Everything perfect! Hope to return next year.
Beautiful spot. Very relaxing. Cottage superb. Great area to explore.
Cosy cottage in a lovely setting and close to lots of stunning beaches.
Lovely cottage, fantastic views. Kia (labby) loved her walks round the fields and woods.
Wow! What views and a lovely walk on our doorstep. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return. Highly recommended!
Honeysuckle is a dog-friendly cottage for couples with lovely views over Dittiscombe Hills and access to 20 acres of woodland and meadows from your cottage door.
It is an ideal location for guests who enjoy relaxing in quiet surroundings, nature and bird watching, walking, beautiful beaches and who are happy exploring the great outdoors such as the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Dartmoor.
The cottage is set in our peaceful valley but a 10 minute drive or about an hour’s walk off-road will take you to historic Slapton village with its two dog-friendly pubs and small shop. A little further afield there is the huge stretch of beach at Start Bay and here walkers can join the South West Coast Path for spectacular coastal walks. The pretty estuary towns of Salcombe, Dartmouth and Kingsbridge are all within a 30 minute drive.
Features of this single storey cottage include a south-facing garden with views over the valley, a fully enclosed garden, easy access to the on-site nature trail, central heating and woodburner, and free wifi.
The sitting room has a wood-block floor with a woodburner, two-seater sofa and chair, coffee tables, digital TV, DVD player, and a Bluetooth player. Two steps from the living room take you to the bedroom where there is a king-size bed.
The separate kitchen/dining room is fully equipped with ceramic hob, microwave and electric oven, furnished with a circular dining table and chairs. The kitchen leads to the bathroom with a bath with shower over, toilet and basin. There is gas-fired central heating throughout the cottage.
The garden is at the side of the cottage with lovely views of the pond, woodland and wildflower banks. The fully enclosed garden has a level gravelled area, with wooden seating, table and pots, and an area of lawn with flower and shrub borders, There is a gate which leads to Willows garden. From the cottage door there is easy access to the nature trail.
Bath and hand towels are provided in this cottage. Guests are able to unload outside cottage, and parking is in the communal car park.
Short breaks are available outside the school holidays: 3-night weekend or 4 night mid-week breaks start from £275 in the low season. Go to the Short Breaks page to find out more about what’s available and read Ruth’s blog for a suggested itinerary. And to find our more about things to do with your dog while on holiday visit our Dog Friendly Dittiscombe page, or read about what our Collie Kes gets up to on her blog page.
*As this cottage is single storey it may be suitable for guests with limited mobility but we would recommend that you contact Ruth & Jon on 01548 521272 if you have specific requirements. We can advise on Accessible walks – visit our Great Outdoors page for ideas and information.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity, linen and towels, where provided. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).