Sleeps 3-4 in 2 bedrooms. Separate sitting room with log-burner. 1 king bed, 1 single bed with additional pull-out guest bed (suitable for smaller child). Bathroom with bath and shower over. Garden with views. Wifi. Up to 2 dogs welcome. Cot and highchair on request. Short breaks available out of season.
What Our Customers Say About Dovecote
A perfect child and dog-friendly cottage. Thank you, we’ve had a wonderful week exploring South Devon.
A lovely, peaceful location, ideal for exploring South Devon. Beautiful woods and lovely for dogs!
We had a lovely time in the South Hams and Dittiscombe is a fantastic place to be based – so peaceful and the boys loved exploring the grounds. I am sure we will be back!
We very much enjoyed our stay at Dittiscombe. It was a perfect stay for us; the setting is beautifully relaxed, the cottages are perfect for our needs, and both of you – plus Debbie and Dick – were very welcoming.
Such a relaxing place to stay. The week has flown by. We’ve loved the peace and tranquility – a proper ‘get away from it all’ break.
Cottage (Dovecote) in a peaceful, rural location, Beautifully planted and maintained surroundings. Lovely walks from cottage and coastal path and dog friendly beaches short drive away (Slapton, Beesands, Hallsands).
Dovecote self-catering cottage is pretty and welcoming. It is dog-friendly and suitable for couples, or families of three with a smaller child (please see bedroom descriptions below).
The cosy sitting room with wood laminate flooring and a beamed ceiling has a log-burner plus a convector and storage heater, and is furnished with a 2-seater sofa, chairs and coffee tables, a digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio. There is a back door leading to a lower gravel garden and via steps to a higher lawned area of garden.
There is a separate kitchen/dining room with a slate floor, extendable oak dining table which will seat up to 8 people, small settle and storage heater; the fully-equipped kitchen area has a ceramic hob with cookerhood, mircowave, and electric oven.
The bathroom is on the ground floor and has a bath with shower over, heated towel rail and electric fan heater, toilet and basin.
Upstairs the main bedroom has a king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe, and storage heater.
The second bedroom has a single bed with an additional 2’6″ pull out guest bed suitable for a small child, chest of drawers and convector heater.
The small gravel sitting area with a table and two chairs enjoys morning sun and the higher garden access by steps, is part-fenced with a further table and two chairs, and has mature hedging and lovely valley views. The cottage garden gate gives access to the fields and orchard above Dovecote and to Buddleia’s garden. The garden is not completely enclosed.
Find our more about the surrounding conservation valley of Dittiscombe Hills, or if you’d like to know about things to do with your dog while on holiday visit our Dog Friendly Dittiscombe page, or read about what our Collie Kes gets up to on her blog page.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels can be hired for this cottage at £4 per set of hand and bath towels. Supplied free of charge to overseas visitors.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).