Sleeps 3-4 in 2 bedrooms. Separate cosy sitting room with woodburner, dining and kitchen area. 1 king bed, 1 single bed with additional pull-out guest bed (suitable for smaller child). Bathroom with bath and shower over. Garden with views. Free wifi. Up to 2 dogs welcome. Cot and highchair on request. Short breaks available out of season.
What Our Customers Say About Dovecote
We had a lovely time in the South Hams and Dittiscombe is a fantastic place to be based – so peaceful and the boys loved exploring the grounds. I am sure we will be back!
We very much enjoyed our stay at Dittiscombe. It was a perfect stay for us; the setting is beautifully relaxed, the cottages are perfect for our needs, and both of you – plus Debbie and Dick – were very welcoming.
Such a relaxing place to stay. The week has flown by. We’ve loved the peace and tranquility – a proper ‘get away from it all’ break.
Cottage (Dovecote) in a peaceful, rural location, Beautifully planted and maintained surroundings. Lovely walks from cottage and coastal path and dog friendly beaches short drive away (Slapton, Beesands, Hallsands).
Another year- another Easter holiday week at Dovecote (our 11th visit to Dittiscombe!). Thank you for the warm hospitality. It has really been another brilliant stay! see you next year!
30+ years since my last visit and the place has changed but is still as beautiful as ever. We’ve had an amazing time – brought back lots of happy memories. We’ll be back!
Dovecote is a pretty and welcoming dog-friendly cottage suitable for couples, or families of three with a smaller child (please see bedroom descriptions below).
The cosy sitting room with a beamed ceiling has a woodburner plus a convectcor and storage heater, and is furnished with sofa, chairs and coffee tables, a digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio. There is a back door leading to the garden.
There is a separate kitchen/dining room with a slate floor, extendable oak dining table which will seat up to 8 people, small settle and storage heater; the fully-equipped kitchen area has a ceramic hob with cookerhood, mircowave, and electric oven.
The bathroom is on the ground floor and has a bath with shower over, heated towel rail and electric fan heater, toilet and basin.
Upstairs the main bedroom has a king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe, and storage heater.
The second bedroom has a single bed with an additional 2’6″ pull out guest bed suitable for a small child, chest of drawers and convector heater.
The back door from the sitting room opens to a small gravel sitting area with table and chairs with a path leading to a second raised garden, partly surrounded with hedges and fencing. Here there is a picnic table and lovely views of the orchard and surrounding valley and a connecting gate to Buddleia’s garden and also direct access to the fields and orchard. The garden is not fully enclosed.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels can be hired for this cottage at £4 per set of hand and bath towels. Supplied free of charge to overseas visitors.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).