Sleeps 3-4 in 2 bedrooms. Separate cosy sitting room with woodburner, dining and kitchen area. 1 king bed, 1 single bed with additional pull-out guest bed (suitable for smaller child). Bathroom with bath and shower over. Garden with views. Free wifi. Up to 2 dogs welcome. Cot and highchair on request. Short breaks available out of season.
What Our Customers Say About Dovecote
Dovecote is a comfortable, cosy cottage and we thoroughly enjoyed our break there. It was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed. It is a great place to bring the dog with a lovely garden and walks in the surrounding grounds, our whippet had a lovely time.
Very warm and friendly welcome from Ruth & Jon who have provided many tips to make our stay very enjoyable. Hope you enjoy our stay as much as we have!
Dovecote lovely as ever . . Our boys love the grounds, playing cricket on the games area. The dogs enjoy the walks and we just unwind!
Lovely cottage. Lovely spot to stay. Log burner was fab with a glass of vino. Hopefully we’ll be back.
We all loved it. A gorgeous, cosy, pretty little cottage, with all the home touches and comforts we needed for a perfect stay. Will recommend – thank you.
Loved it! Can’t fault a thing, so relaxing and super cosy. Would definitely return.
Nice relaxing holiday in a lovely little cottage . . . pleasing to return. Thank you.
Lovely cottage – perfect size for the 4 of us plus the dog. Thank you.
Dovecote is a pretty and welcoming dog-friendly cottage suitable for couples, or families of three with a smaller child (please see bedroom descriptions below).
The cosy sitting room with a beamed ceiling has a woodburner plus a convectcor and storage heater, and is furnished with sofa, chairs and coffee tables, a digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio. There is a back door leading to the garden.
There is a separate kitchen/dining room with a slate floor, extendable oak dining table which will seat up to 8 people, small settle and storage heater; the fully-equipped kitchen area has a ceramic hob with cookerhood, mircowave, and electric oven.
The downstairs bathroom has a bath with shower over, heated towel rail and electric fan heater.
Upstairs the main bedroom has a king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe, and storage heater.
The second bedroom has a single bed with an additional 2’6″ pull out guest bed suitable for a small child, chest of drawers and convector heater.
The back door from the sitting room opens to a small gravel sitting area with table and chairs with a path leading to a second raised garden, partly surrounded with hedges and fencing. Here there is a picnic table and lovely views of the orchard and surrounding valley and a connecting gate to Buddleia’s garden and also direct access to the fields and orchard. The garden is not fully enclosed.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity, linen and towels, where provided. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).
- BBQ‘s are available free on request.
- All cottages are fully no smoking.
- Each cottage has a fire extinguisher, fire blanket and smoke detector. We also supply a small torch and matches although we would recommend guests bring their own torch if they wish to walk at night-time.
- The communal laundry room is at the rear of the farmhouse with level access and has a standard washing machine and tumble dryer. Irons, ironing boards and clothes-airers are provided in each cottage. There is a communal whirligig outside Willows.
- A complimentary basket of logs, kindling, firelighters and matches are provided in each cottage with a woodburner. Further baskets are charged for at £3 per basket, subject to availability.
- Guests are welcome to unload their car outside the cottage and then to park in the commumal car park. The Owlery has its own private parking space.
- Towels can be ordered in advance, price £4 per set (one hand and one bath towel per set). Towels are supplied free of charge for overseas visitors, and for guests in Honeysuckle and The Owlery.
- For guests with disabilities we would advise you to ring us if you have any specific requirements so that you can fully enjoy your holiday – call Ruth or Jon on 01548 521272.
- Food deliveries can be made to your cottage door. and we are happy to put away your food if you haven’t arrived – please let us know the time you’ve booked the delivery, which should be after 4pm. Sainsburys, Tescos and Waitrose all deliver to Dittiscombe. When ordering please give both your name and cottage name, and ‘call at Dittiscombe Farmhouse’ for delivery instructions.