Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms. Cosy cottage with woodburner. 1 king and 1 twin. Stable style front door and large fenced, private garden leading to meadows. Free wifi. Short Breaks. Cot and highchair available on request.
What Our Customers Say About Buddleia
Just wanted to say a hugh thank you for providing us with a lovely cottage. Our dog has incredibly enjoyed the amazing walks in the woods. It was lovely and warm to relax in.
Thanks Jon and Ruth once again for a superb family holiday. This was our first stay in Buddleia which works well when paired with Dovecote for extended family.
Thank you Ruth, Jon and Kes. Great time as always, walks, cottage, and pubs. See you next year!
Thanks for the lovely cottage. Great walks to Slapton and the beach.
The walk round the estate is ideal for dog lovers giving fine views, and a chance to see bird life as you walk through Ruth and Jon’s own forest planted twenty years ago. The streams and ponds add to the tranquil feel making you relax further as you enjoy the wonderful peace and quiet.
Unobtrusive but friendly, helpful. Lovely Cottages and surrounding land. Really well maintained. there are a few other cottages but they in no way intrude on your privacy or peace. We were looking for somewhere quiet, safe for the dogs and baby and with good surrounding walks and this was perfect.
Always fabulous staying at Dittiscombe – have been visiting for more than 10 years!
The cottages are particularly dog friendly but scrupulously clean. Each cottage has its own fenced small garden and the local walks round the cottages are excellent. The family are very helpful and friendly.
Buddleia is suitable for couples and families and is dog friendly. It has an open-plan ground floor with wood laminate flooring. The sitting room area features a wood burner with slate surround, bookcases, settle and cushions, digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio, sofa and two chairs, and coffee tables. The dining area has a glass table and four chairs. The kitchen is fully equipped with ceramic hob, electric oven, extractor fan and microwave. There is a storage heater and convector heater on the ground floor.
The downstairs bathroom has a shower cubicle with electric shower, toilet, vanity unit and electric fan heater.
Upstairs the main bedroom has a kingsize bed and armchair, and view over the garden. The second bedroom has two single beds. Both bedrooms have night storage heaters.
There is a rockery and curved stone steps leading to the the stable-style front door. The enclosed garden is to the side of the cottage, with a wooden gate, fencing and hedging. There is a picnic table, patio chairs, shrub border, and mostly level lawn surrounded by hedges and trees. There is also a garden gate connecting to Dovecote’s garden. Guests have direct access to the orchard and meadows above the cottage. Buddleia is attached to Dovecote.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity, linen and towels, where provided. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).