Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms. Cosy cottage with woodburner. 1 king and 1 twin. Stable style front door and large fenced, private garden leading to meadows. Free wifi. Short Breaks. Cot and highchair available on request.
What Our Customers Say About Buddleia
Thank you so much for your hospitality, your cottage and grounds were fantastic for Millie & Betty, they loved it! Please thank your girls who prepared our cottage, it was wonderful to arrive to such a clean and well-resourced home from home!
Great time at a great location. Everything was a we would wish for relaxing and peaceful. What was said was done, what was promised, came true!
What a magnificent and unspoilt garden of Eden this place is. We enjoyed discovered this region and were baffled by the friendliness of people, nature, pub life and silence. Thank you. We hope to be back soon!
Really enjoyed our stay in your lovely cottage in such a beautiful area. Thank you for all the touches to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable. Be back soon!
It was our first time in South Devon. A dreamlike-beautiful landscape and the cottage was classy. Freya has been infinitely happy, and we will definitely come again. The next time however not without the golf-bag: have never seen a place like in Thurlestone. Fantastic – just like the whole surrounding area. Thank you very much for a great week!
Thank you we have had a lovely holiday in the cottage. Visiting the local area Dartmouth, Brixham, and Bantham beach. Penny enjoyed her walks in the gardens and meadows. Definitely will come back again!
Thank you again for a fantastic holiday. Loved the walks and especially the garden, brilliant for our two dogs.
Thanks Jon and Ruth once again for a superb family holiday. This was our first stay in Buddleia which works well when paired with Dovecote for extended family.
Buddleia is suitable for couples and families and is dog friendly. It has an open-plan ground floor with wood laminate flooring. The sitting room area features a wood burner with slate surround, bookcases, settle and cushions, digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio, sofa and two chairs, and coffee tables. The dining area has a glass table and four chairs. The kitchen is fully equipped with ceramic hob, electric oven, extractor fan and microwave. There is a storage heater and convector heater on the ground floor.
The downstairs bathroom has a shower cubicle with electric shower, toilet, vanity unit and electric fan heater.
Upstairs the main bedroom has a kingsize bed and armchair, chest of drawers, dressing table, and view over the garden. The second bedroom has two single beds, chest of drawers, chair and underbed storage. Both bedrooms have night storage heaters. There is a shared cupboard for hanging and storage on the landing.
There is a rockery and curved stone steps leading to the the stable-style front door. The enclosed garden is to the side of the cottage, with a wooden gate, fencing and high hedging. There is a picnic table, shrub border, and mostly level lawn surrounded by hedges and trees. There is also a garden gate connecting to Dovecote’s garden. Guests have direct access to the orchard and meadows above the cottage. Buddleia is attached to Dovecote.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity, linen and towels, where provided. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).