Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms. Cosy cottage with log-burner. 1 king and 1 twin. Stable style front door and large fenced, private garden leading to Dittiscombe meadows and orchard. Wifi. Short Breaks. Cot and highchair available on request.
What Our Customers Say About Buddleia
We had a lovely friendly welcome from Ruth and Jon. Our cottage (Buddleia) was beautifully presented, as were the grounds.
We will certainly look at staying again.
A wonderful location and beautiful cottage. The warm reception and well equipped accommodation made for an enjoyable stay for all.
Beautiful peaceful location and very dog friendly. Visit the Start Bay Inn for fish and chips and East Portlemouth for beautiful scenic walks.
Received a very warm welcome from the owners the cottage was quaint and traditional but up-to-date with excellent facilities.
Beautiful cottages situated in stunning valley with walks from the cottage gate round fields and beautiful nature gardens. A wonderful place for relaxation, walks and only a short distance from nearby beaches.
A lovely, lovely break in a stunning setting and superbly kept cottage.
Buddleia cottage is suitable for couples and families and is dog friendly. It has an open-plan ground floor with wood laminate flooring. The sitting room area features a wood burner with slate surround, bookcases, settle and cushions, digital TV, DVD player, Ipod player with FM radio, sofa and two chairs, and coffee tables. The dining area has a glass table and four chairs. The kitchen is fully equipped with ceramic hob, electric oven, extractor fan and microwave. There is a storage heater and convector heater on the ground floor.
The bathroom is on the ground floor and has a shower cubicle with electric shower, toilet, basin, heated towel rail and fan heater.
Upstairs the main bedroom has a kingsize bed and armchair, chest of drawers, dressing table, and view over the garden. The second bedroom has two single beds, chest of drawers, chair and underbed storage. Both bedrooms have night storage heaters. There is a shared cupboard for hanging and storage on the landing.
There is a rockery and curved stone steps leading to the the stable-style front door. The enclosed garden is to the side of the cottage, with a wooden gate, fencing and high hedging. There is a picnic table, shrub border, and mostly level lawn surrounded by hedges and trees. There is also a garden gate connecting to Dovecote’s garden. Guests have direct access to the orchard and meadows above the cottage. Buddleia is attached to Dovecote.
General Cottage Information
- Our prices can be found on the Booking page and are fully inclusive of VAT, heating, electricity and linen.
- Towels can be hired for this cottage at £4 per set of hand and bath towels. Supplied free of charge to overseas visitors.
- Each cottage has sofas and chairs, coffee tables, LCD televisions, DVD players, Ipod players with FM radio and free Wifi, books, magazines, games, DVDs, and a comprehensive information file. Further information on ‘what’s on’, local information, wildlife watching, eating out, maps and guides can be found in the communal laundry room or by linking to our website.
- Details of the temporary guest membership to Dartmouth Golf & Country Club which offers 25% discount on golf, swimming, gym and health and beauty facilities is supplied in each cottage file.
- Heating is either oil or gas-fired central heating, or night-storage heating with supplementary heating, and some cottages have woodburners. Please see individual cottage descriptions.
- Each cottage kitchen has an electric cooker and ceramic hob, cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment (further freezer space is available in the Farmhouse), and all other equipment that is required for a Visit England 4-star rating . There is a dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer in Willows.
- Cots, highchairs, mattress protectors and non-slip rubber bath mats are available free on request. Guests are advised to bring other safety equipment such as harnesses and stair-gates.
- Each bathroom has a bath (except Buddleia which has a shower cubicle only, no bath) and also a shower over bath or walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, shaver point, and electric wall-mounted fan heater, heated towel rail or central heating radiator. Please see individual cottage descriptions for more details.
- Bedding is non-feather duvets and pillows with polycotton protectors, and the bed linen is a polycotton mix. Beds are made up for guests’ arrival. Towels, are supplied in The Owlery and Honeysuckle (and to our overseas visitors free of charge).